Intro to QGIS 2018
The goal of this one day workshop is to get you over the hurdle of using QGIS! You will learn some of the technical knowledge and jargon you will need as you start to use GIS and give you an introduction to some of the easy but powerful tools available for users.
I hope that this introductory course will get you started but will also act as a reference that can come back to. Just be warned, that using GIS means you will always be learning… there is no definitive endpoint in which you can say that you know everything about how the system works!
– Introduction to projections, transformations, datums
– Explore QGIS
– Introduction to data types: point, line, polygon
– Introduction to performing projections and transformations in QGIS
-Introduction to summary and exploratory tools – extract, summarize, export data
– Introduction to attribute tables – search, subset, create new layers
– Data management in QGIS-Browser
– Convert, Import, and visualize XY data
– Create maps
This workshop is taught by UBC post-doctorate fellow, Dr. Lindsay Davidson.
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Location: Room 207 Langara Library Room 207
100 W 49th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Y 2Z6
Fee: $65 (all proceeds go back into WildResearch programs)
Class size limited to 15 participants.
Please bring your own laptop with QGIS loaded and ready to go
For more information, please contact Vinci Au at email@example.com